Monday, August 3, 2015

The Maker's Hand

We're going to switch gears here just a little today. I'm super excited to share some of my brother's poetry with you. He's talented in so many ways and has a powerful testimony that God is using for His glory. I hope to share it with you in the near future. 




I’ve traveled all the world and seen a lot of land,
And boys I’m here to tell ya I’ve seen the Maker’s hand.

I’ve seen it in the spring time with baby calves on the ground,
Watching mom lick em off let em suck, and get em comin round.

And in the fall way up high when the huntin is the best,
In that wild free old country we call way out west.

I’ve seen it in the eyes of kids from India to peru
And heard it in their laughter playing with folks like me and you.

Now boys don’t think I’m going soft, and I ain’t always right.
But I’ll tear up when I look to Him and see His starry night.

See there’s choices I have made and seeds I have sown,
And often they leave me feeling I’m still all alone.

But by His grace I’ll cross over into that promised land,
And meet Him face to face, to shake my Maker’s Hand.

(An original work by Elgin Hines  Oct. 31 2007)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! What a great reminder that God's fingerprints can be found all throughout His creation. :)

    ReplyDelete