Wednesday, October 5, 2016

5 Ways to Pray for a Loved Ones Salvation



Have you been praying for a loved one’s salvation?


I get it, it's hard to keep praying day after day when we don't see results. At least in our timing anyway. But, God is big enough to handle it! He loves our loved ones even more than we do. Of course He wants them to come to know Him.


I have been known to badger, pester, maybe even harass a “little” the people I love and would like them to come to know the Lord in my time. Just like so many other things with God, we learn it isn't about our timing. I'm not gonna lie, I would still love it to be in my timing, but I've learned to trust Him.


I find the hardest part is to keep praying even when you don't know the outcome. Having faith and trusting that God will work it out for the best.


My grandma spent many years praying for my dad to come to know the Lord as his Savior.  There were countless times when it would have been easy for her to give up. Yet she continued! Not only did my dad accept the Lord, he has shared the gospel of God’s saving grace to hundreds of others. I have clung to her example as I have prayed for those I love through the years.


So what can we do when it comes to having a loved one or a friend that hasn't accepted the Lord as their Savior.


  1. Never stop praying! Prayer is the most powerful tool we have. Use the authority given to us in Christ. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (emphasis added)


  1. Let our light shine. We need to live our lives in a way that points all the glory back to God. Our best sermon is our life. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16


  1. Resist the urge to preach at them. I know this is hard for some of us to swallow but something we need to hear. Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it. 1 Peter 3:15


  1. Tell God when we're frustrated. Don’t be afraid to share it with Him. He is a big God and can handle our frustrations. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed. Psalm 34:18


  1. Trust! We simply have to turn it over to God. It doesn’t make the choice easy but it’s also not complicated. It does us no good to try and manipulate so let go and let God! Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5


The choice to persevere is simple but living it out isn’t easy. Each morning is full of God’s new mercies. Wake up, pray, shine, resist the enemy, share and trust. Now rinse and repeat each day!


God is relentlessly pursuing those we love.
He’s not slow in keeping His promises.


Is there one of these steps that you find the most challenging? Let’s discuss it in the comments and hold each other up in prayer.



I'm sharing this post with several other blogger's at these Faith Linkups. I encourage you to check them out. If this post resonates with you and feel it would help others please feel free to share. Easy to share buttons below. ~Laura~

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Laura. I'm in the middle of praying circles around someone in my son's life who is not a believer. Your scriptures are a comfort...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found comfort in them. Keep praying those circles! I'm praying for you.

      Delete
  2. Hey there Laura! I think the trusting part is hardest for me-- I'm finally learning to take everything to God in prayer-- but leaving my worries there, is sometimes hard! And I love this line you wrote: "Our best sermon is our life"... thanks for such practical steps and hope to never give up. God's got this! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear you on the leaving our worries. I take them to God but find myself picking them back up more often than I'd like. You're so right, God's got this! Praying for you.

      Delete