Thursday, February 25, 2016

In the Morning When I Rise

Five Minute Friday is so much fun for me. No pressure! Simply a word prompt on twitter (#fmfparty) on Thursday night and then write. No over thinking or editing. There is a linkup on Friday at http://katemotaung.com where we can read other's five minute free write.
This week's prompt is: Morning
_________________________________________________


Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.Psalm 90:14 (NLT)


Are you among the early morning risers club? 

What time is early for you?


We hear all the time to wake up early so we can get quiet time alone with the Lord in the morning before anyone else wakes up.


Not to be too flippant but HA! I really am a morning person but there is no way I’m ever going to get time alone in the morning unless I wake up at the border between one day and the next.



You see, my hubby is a VERY early morning riser. As in 4:30 am is sleeping in for him.


I’m sorry but I just can’t make myself get up that early in the morning. I’m out of bed and going not long after him but it’s also his favorite time of the day to visit with me.


So what’s a girl do? I long for quiet time digging into God’s word. But, I also know I’m not a night person at all.


I’ve learned to compromise. I crawl out of bed saying “Good morning” to Jesus. Then, I enjoy as much time as possible with my hubby before he heads out of the house to start chores.

After he leaves I snuggle in with my Heavenly Father, ready to hear from Him. Coming before Him with open arms and empty hands ready to receive and respond.


I love the first verse in the song “Give Me Jesus”.
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus


Give me Jesus, give me Jesus
You can have all this world
But give me Jesus


So no matter how your morning starts out, remember God is ready to meet with you!

~Laura~

Would you like to get my more articles like this one delivered right to your email? Never miss one by subscribing to my email list in the sidebar to the right.

If this post resonates with you and feel it would help others please feel free to share.
Easy to share buttons below.

10 comments:

  1. Laura, yes he is ready to meet us. I could never get up at 4:30 am either. Visiting from FMF where I'm parked in the #14 spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me I avoid 4:30 AM like the plague! 5:30 is usually about as good as it's going to get for me. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too and honestly I've been singing it ever since I wrote this! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I love that your husband is chatty in the morning. Mine has learned that morning isn't the best time to communicate with me if he wants me to remember a word he says. I find that the best time for quiet time is once I've sent my family off to school and work for the day. #blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most mornings I do love that he is chatty but sometimes...
      He he usually heads out the door to do chores about 6:30 so I jspend my time in God's word then. #loveit

      Delete
  4. I love that song, too! I'm your FMF neighbor this week, parked in #17 and you can find my Morning post here. Like you, I'm a true morning person and tend to seriously fade later in the day. Give me Jesus—give all of us Jesus! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can completely relate to the fading later in the day! Once it's dark out I struggle little honestly. Give me Jesus - all day!

      Delete
  5. We thought of the same song this week. :-)
    I do the same thing. I wait until hubby and kid are out the door, then I settle in to my devotions. I get more out of it when it's quiet.

    Lynette
    ~#79 this wk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this song! I sang it for a week straight after writing this. ;-)

      Delete