Friday, March 25, 2016

Fully Alive!

Five Minute Friday is so much fun for me. No pressure! Simply a word prompt on twitter (#fmfparty) on Thursday night and then write. No over thinking or editing. There is a linkup on Friday at Kate Motaung where we can read other's five minute free write.
This week's prompt is: Alive

Jesus’ death. Heart wrenching and devastating, yes.  Yet...because of His death we now have life. Not just any ordinary life either. Abundant life!


I’m so grateful the story doesn’t end with Jesus’ death. He is alive!


We serve  not only an amazing God but the only living God. This is huge. I’m not worshipping an inanimate object or idol. I’m in a relationship with the God of the universe who is ALIVE!


It makes me giddy with excitement. I want to live my life grabbing a hold of this abundant life. Not settling for anything less than God’s best for me.


The best way I know how to live this out is to die to myself. Not easy but necessary.


Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. Luke 9:23-24 (NIV)


I want to be fully alive. How about you? Are you ready to throw off the grip of death that tries to hold us down?


Death can’t hold Him and it doesn’t win with us either!


Let’s go out today and live fully aware of the life we’ve been given through God’s grace. Living fully alive!

If this post resonates with you and feel it would help others please feel free to share. Easy to share buttons below.
~Laura~

6 comments:

  1. Love your post. So glad I'm next to you at FMF as I really needed to hear your words today. Thank you. {Your FMF neighbour, Helen}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! I'm glad it's what you needed to hear today! Blessings to you.

      Delete
  2. Easter says you can put death in the grave but it won't stay there--Clarence W. Hall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful reminder that Jesus gave it all on that cross, so that we could have abundant life in Him! Hallelujah, friend! XO
    (I am your neighbor at #livefreeThursday.)

    ReplyDelete