Saturday, June 27, 2015

Distracted or Focused Dreamer?

I’m a day late and most likely a dollar short on joining in tis week for Five Minute Friday. I’ve always marched to my own beat. J 

The Five Minute Friday linkup can be found at http://katemotaung.com/

The word prompt for this week was: “Dream”. The idea is to free write and let the idea’s flow for 5 minutes. No editing and no over thinking. Yeah, it scares me every time too.

Here goes:

I’ve been thinking and writing about dreams a lot lately. You know, those God given dreams that seem so big and out of reach. The thrilling but scary dreams.

So I found myself in an awkward position of procrastinating when it came to doing the work to follow those dreams. My son loves to say that procrastination leads to great motivation. Maybe when it comes to cleaning my house when I hear someone is on their way over but not on chasing dreams.

I kept telling myself I was just too busy. The truth is we’re ALL busy. We all have the same amount of time in a day. People still MAKE time to do what they put as a high priority. I was letting distractions get in the way. Little things that added up to big things.

Social media was eating up way to much of time. It was clear I needed to turn off all notifications and set aside certain times to check it but it needs to be only at those times.

I’m also not waiting to FIND the time to do the work needed when it comes to my dreams. I’m MAKING the time. It’s a priority!

I’m cheering all of us on to become the focused dreamers God called us to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment